Monday, March 10, 2014

Spring is Here

Although the calendar says spring will be here in a couple of weeks, the plants outside and temperatures say otherwise. I planted some new plants on Saturday and will be planting some more today. Trees are budding and green leaves are found all over. This is such a contrast to all the severe weather in the northern and northeastern parts of the US. We've had highs in the low to mid seventies for the past few weeks.
 
The trees at the golf course are in bloom

 The hyacinth I planted last spring is in bloom
Further south, in Litchfield Park, everything is green and blooming. (That is the Pro in the picture)
Well, if spring is here, so is spring cleaning. This year, I am tackling many of the things I neglected the past couple of years. My first major project is the garage. We had a house water filter installed last week which required moving some free-standing shelves and cleaning out one large one. This is good incentive to get them organized as I put items away again.

I am also working in the yard, which needs the spring cleaning the most. There are leaves, limbs, and pruning to take care of. The pruning is a little late since things are greening up, but better late than never for some of it. Others will now have to wait.

The one thing that worries me is that we'll get a late winter storm which will hurt the strawberries and fruit trees. I hope if we get one that it is all rain. Prescott has been known to have snow as late as the first weeks of May.
 

No comments: