Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Thanksgiving thoughts

For me, Thanksgiving week is a time for counting blessings. I live in such abundance. My garden produced an enormous amount of vegetables, many of which are in the freezer for use throughout the winter. I have a wonderful family: children, grandchildren, cousins, aunts, uncles, mother, sisters, neices, and more extended family. We're mostly friends and love and support one another. I have a special and wonderful husband. I have a comfortable home, comfortable income, challenging and rewarding career. I have great friends, many opportunities to provide service, and the ability to provide that service. I'm blessed with excellent health, a good mind, a love of reading and lots of books to read. I'm grateful for my talents and strengths for the opportunities they bring to serve, and for my weaknesses for the opportunities they bring to grow. I feel blessed to live in the United States and to have traveled within the states this year and to other wonderful countries in the past. I'm grateful to speak languages other than English for the appreciation of the beauties of language and of the other cultures it has brought me. Most especially, I'm grateful for my faith and the foundation that religion provides in my life.
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving season.

No comments: