Sunday, February 3, 2008

Early February Activity

This is a great time to make some valentines. Remember how fun it was when you were young to make special valentines for your family or friends? It still is. If you have kids, plan to spend an evening with scissors, paper, glue, stickers, crayons and make some special valentines for some of the special people in your life.

Even if you don't make your own, Valentines Day is a nice time to remember those who are special in your life. I send cards to my family members to remind them how important they are. The younger members especially enjoy getting cards. I send them through regular mail, not email, so they have something to open. They get very excited about receiving mail.

It is also fun to decorate for Valentines Day. We have our red and white table cloth in the dining area. I also usually put a few other decorations around to remind us of love in all its forms. It is also nice to focus on something besides all the snow we've been getting this winter! I'm getting ready to go shovel again.

2 comments:

Spence said...

Valentine's day was always exciting when I was a kid. Either I was scared witless because of proclaiming my un-dying love to a girl in my third grade class. Or I was over-joyed because I had just fooled my best friend by putting a string on a valentine and pulled it away when he opened the door to pick it up. Thanks for bringing back old memories!

Steph said...

I like to send Valentine's cards, too! They are just so sweet and fun!