Wednesday, October 31, 2007

US Education System

Here is an interesting article about the US educational system. It explains why I home-schooled. I feel our system is designed for non-automated factory, military or the prison but does not fit children to work well in a collaborative environment, which is what much of industry is today. Now I know why we are set up as we are. We're lucky we're as successful as we are when we are "trained" this way. When your well meaning friends and relatives tell you it is unfair to your children to keep them out of school, send them this link. It might change their minds.

1 comment:

Hanley Family said...

Gatto is an interesting man with a lot of great thoughts on education. I guess it is because it is the norm that we accept this being thrust on our children so regularly.

Dana
http://principleddiscovery.com
(My homeschooling blog isn't on blogger.)